Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolution

All you hear about these days are New Years resolutions. I've never been too big on making resolutions. They seem to be those infamous things you hope to change in a new year, but by December 31 you find yourself distraught at the realization that you must make the same resolutions all over again...year after year.

The start of a new year always excites me for some reason. I've been thinking about the new year...this new year, 2009. I have some hopes and dreams for this year. I won't call them resolutions for by definition a resolution is a decision to do something--with certainty, and the only thing I am resolute (certain) about is that God is my All, Jesus is my Lord.

My hopes and dreams for this year:

  • To grow closer to God through prayer and Bible reading
  • To read the entire Bible--I hate to admit that I've never read the Bible in it's entirety.
  • To be in the center of God's will
  • To be less concerned with how I want to write my life story and more concerned with how God writes it.
  • To eat healthier so I can be healthier for my family
  • To exercise as often as I can so I can be/feel healthy for my family
  • To play with Ryan more
  • To worry less what others think and more about what's right
  • To love my husband more
  • To spend more time with family
  • To be more disciplined in all areas of my life
  • To play with my dogs more
  • To read to my family more
  • To establish a better daily routine with Ryan, so at the end of the day I don't feel like I've missed opportunities to play, teach, and enjoy life
  • I really hope to have Ryan potty-trained by the end of the year (preferably sooner than later)
  • I really hope to be pregnant by the end of the year (again...preferably sooner than later)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Update

Ryan woke up at about 2:30 this morning crying. When I went to check on my little guy I found that he was very hot. His temperature was 102.6 which is hot, but not necessarily dangerous. I gave him some Tylenol and soothed him for a while until he was asleep again. I returned to bed. He woke up at least one other time through the night. He has been feverish throughout the day with a temp of 100+ for most of the day. This evening when I put him in bed his temp was normal. His only other symptom is really "wet" congestion with a loose cough that seems to come and go. I decided to wait to take him to the doctor. I'll see how the night and tomorrow morning goes.

No comments: