Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to the Doctor

I decided to take Ryan back to the doctor today to make sure the blistery bumps on his feet were either related to this stomach virus or something new. It's not! It's new! Well, it's probably not new since the symptoms started at the same time...one covering over the other. Ryan is fighting off 2 infections...2 different viruses. His little immune system is getting a workout. His newly diagnosed problem: Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. He seems somewhat uncomfortable with it, and I think perhaps the blisters on his feet hurt because he hasn't been walking much and complains when he does. He also has lesions in his mouth on his hard pallate. This is making him not want to eat much of anything. He doesn't really need to go on a crash diet right now...all 17 pounds of him!

He has been playing today though which I love to see. He hasn't been himself since Saturday, and it breaks my heart. I'm ready for him to be that sweet, spunky, ornery, mischevious, big-grinned, giggly little boy again.

On a very happy note though, the doctor said that he would be well past the time of being contagious by this Saturday. Yeah! This means that if he doesn't catch anything else between now and then and he doesn't seem to feel bad on Saturday morning we get to go the Walk...both of us! Please continue to pray for his healing. I really want him to be super-well by Saturday.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I've heard about a lot of little ones who have Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. I hope that he recovers quickly. Our prayers are with you and your family!