Monday, April 7, 2008

A Duckie Tale

Ryan, Nana, and I went to Lawton on Friday for a banquet in which his Aunt Lizzy was recognized. Before the banquet we went to the park and had some fun. One of my most memorable moments as a kid was feeding the geese and ducks at the park. I still love it. I was so excited to get to take Ryan to feed the ducks. I hope he loves it too.

He was a little nervous at first.
But then he warmed up to the birds. They're bigger than he is, so I'm sure it's a bit intimidating. They are also very noisy. I don't know how many geese and ducks swarmed around us when we first pulled out the bread, but there were a lot. A lot of birds make a lot of noise.

Ryan decided to try some of the bird food (don't worry...it's only bread).
After feeding the birds some bread we decided to take a walk around the park.



Some of the geese followed us.



Another favorite attraction at this park is the prairie dogs. Ryan didn't notice these furry little cuties until we were about to leave. We couldn't feed the prairie dogs though. Bread is not a good thing for them to have. It can lead to dehydration. Ryan saw one and thought he would like to get a closer look, but quite to his surprise, the little thing disappeared...right down into his little hole. The look on Ryan's face was so cute when the prairie dog went missing.

If ever you are in need of a place to go for a family day away this is a great place to go. Lawton has plenty of things to do, but my favorite is always the park.

No comments: