Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Growth Spurt


Ryan must be going through a growth spurt. He's been sleeping a lot lately. For a while he would only take short little 30 minute naps a couple of times a day. Lately he's been taking 2 or 3 hour naps a couple of times a day. This is a notorious trick of his. Since we've been home from the NICU he would have a long string of reasonable naps followed by a few days where he seems to sleep all day long. This time I was a little concerned at first because it's been several months since he's had a sleepy day. All of this to say...After Ryan got out of bed yesterday morning and had his breakfast he played for a while, but then things got quiet. It's usually not a good thing when things get quiet. He's usually into something he ought not to be. This time I found him sleeping in the dog's bed.
Since I'm talking about Ryan growing I guess I should tell you he weighs 17 pounds 9 ounces (fully clothed with shoes on). Yesterday Ryan and I took the dogs to the vet for their regular "well-dog" visits and to get shots. Zoe weighed 21.8 pounds and Bosco weighed 12.6 pounds. After weighing the dogs we put Ryan on the scale. We love our vet and those that work with her. They are a great bunch of people. I really enjoyed visiting with them all.

No comments: