Friday, November 7, 2008

Foto Friday

It's FOTO FRIDAY
Today's Theme
"Four Footed Friends"


Since everyone has seen our dogs in pictures recently I thought I'd share a pet from my childhood. Yes...I had a ferret. Ferrets are awesome pets. Eric was my first ferret. He learned to walk on a leash and he and I took a walk almost daily. The only thing odd about that was that he was uni-directional. He only walked west and north. He never would walk east nor south...he acted like he'd never walked on a leash before. He always rode...(okay, get ready for a flash back)...in the hood of my shirt. Yes...it was during those days in which hooded sleeveless shirts were popular. Actually it was probably a little past their popularity since I was one of those nerdy kids who was always a couple of years behind times when it came to fashion. Ferrets are fun and playful animals. They like hiding in small places, and the best way to "fish" a ferret out of a couch is with a potato tied to a string. My ferrets ate cat food and used a litter box. We kept them in cages for their safety. They are curious and conniving little creatures. Unfortunately Eric found a small hole in the screen in my bedroom window. Alas...he found the all-outdoors...and I found myself without my four-legged friend.

Be sure to check out these two sites for more Foto Friday Pictures: Twin Powers and Our Journey

No comments: