Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick

These are some pictures from Saturday. Ryan's fish tank needed new batteries.


Ryan is pretty sick. He is very congested. I started him on breathing treatments this morning after he spent the biggest part of the night coughing. I thought I had a supply of Albuterol, but was disgusted to find I only had Pulmicort available. I gave him the Pulmicort this morning and called the doctor for a new prescription of Albuterol. I have yet to discover why sometimes it seems as though doctor's offices don't take parents very seriously. (I'm not talking about the doctor. I think Dr. S is fantastic.) I called this morning and began calling the pharmacy at noon to see if it had been faxed. It had not. After a call at 3:30 with no sign of the prescription I called the doctor's office back and explained that we really, really needed that prescription filled as soon as possible. They sent in a "second request". Finally about 4 or 4:30 I got a call from the doctor's nurse saying the prescription had been called in. The pharmacy called a little while later needing the doctor's phone number because there was a mix up on the dosage. I finally picked up the medicine at about 5:30. Ryan sat perfectly still (an amazing thing...really!) for his evening breathing treatment. He even went to sleep before it was over. Sweet little boy.....

3 comments:

Kim said...

Katie had that nasty cough and RSV a couple of weeks ago. She did Albuterol treatments for 2 days, and it really helped. I hope that Ryan feels better soon. I feel so sorry for him. It's no fun to be sick!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying. Dealing with Dr.'s offices sure can be a pain. He looks so cute in those pics!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

There's nothing worse than a baby who can't breathe!

I have asthma (don't know if i've mentioned that before) so i know personally how it feels, and my girls with all their preemie stuff need treatments every so often, too.

I hate when they get sick and their little chests retract and they're so lethargic. Ooooohhhh, don't like one bit!
Praying he'll be better soon.

Keep him medicated mama!