Monday, November 3, 2008

Mornings...

Do you know what time changes are good for

for parents of young children...
NOTHING!!

Every time change we've had since Ryan has been home has taken about 2 weeks or more for him to fully adjust. Ryan is usually an early riser although a bit slow to wake up once he's up. He likes to cuddle for a while before really starting his day. I definitely won't complain about that :). Do you know what time Ryan woke up this morning!?
4:30 a.m.!!
And he wasn't just up for a short little reminder that Mom still exists. He was up for good. Needless to say I wasn't ready to get up, so I put him back in his crib and laid down on the bed beside him. He played in his crib for TWO HOURS before finally falling asleep again. I was ready to get up then. I can't complain. I was able to get up and have a little bit of quiet time before my day really began.

I wish they would just leave the time alone. I love this time change. I love getting up early with the sun just peaking over the horizon to greet a new day. I'm always reminded of how God's mercies are new every morning. I love mornings. This time change also brings great night atmosphere to those of us who are not night owls. I enjoy the night atmosphere that comes when the sun goes down. Since I turn into a sleep-deprived cranky monster fairly early in the evening its nice to be able to enjoy some night life without the late hours.

2 comments:

My2BoysNMe said...

Driving the kiddos on the bus this afternoon, I clearly noticed a completely different light cast on the surrounding landscape - and now that the trees are REALLY turning, it was beautiful and awe inspiring!

Kristi said...

I agree with you you that the time change is good for nothing! :) Oh, I've soooo many years of trying to get babies back on schedule! Fun, Fun!
I sure wish I knew how to get the words between and above the picures like that! I've tried, even if I write them above they just always go back to being below the pictures!