Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Favorites

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Can you believe it? It's such a wonderful time of year...a time to remember...a time to be thankful. What do you have to be thankful for?

If I sat long enough I could think of enough things to be thankful for that the list would be too long. Is there such a thing, though, as a list too long...of things for which to be thankful? God has blessed us beyond measure. Praise be to the God Almighty!

Here are just 10 things for which I am thankful:

1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my all...everything I need...my heart longs for Him.
2. My awesome husband. He's a man of God and is striving to live a life worthy of hearing "well done, good and faithful servant."
3. My precious son. He's a joy, a delight, a constant smile, a hearty laugh. He challenges me daily and reminds me of God's great love.
4. My sweet princess, Brandy. She taught me more than I ever could have imagined.
5. My family. Their love and support mean all the world to me.
6. My friends. I have only a few friends who are very close to me, but I have many who are always a phone call away or even a blog message away.
7. My dogs. They warm my lap in the morning, and never do they greet me without a burst of excitement and joy.
8. My home. It's warm and cozy. I am never in need.
9. Health. My family and I are all relatively healthy. That's a great thing!
10. Hope. Hope for the future...for God's provisions...for God's blessings.

Finally here is one of my most favorite Thanksgiving dishes: Mmmm...mmmm...scrumptious!

Sweet Potato Casserole

6 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 Tbs. vanilla
Topping:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 cups pecans
2/3 cup butter

Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla. Pour into 9x13 greased baking dish. Mix topping. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 450 for 40 minutes.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Julie, I have given you an award! Here is the problem...we have switched our blog page to a selected reader only sight. You can either get the information for the award from Jodi's site, or you can e-mail me at kskksnyder@gmail.com and I will link you to us.

Anonymous said...

sweet potato casserole is my all time fave! we call it "who hash".

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Mmmmmm sounds awesome!

I, too, am thankful for my Lord and Savior.
For what He's done in my life, the redemption i have received...

Praise and Glory to HIM.