Sunday, March 14, 2010

22 Weeks 4 Days


Weeks Pregnant: 22 weeks 4 days

Weeks to Go: My goals have changed some after this past weeks events: 7 weeks 3 days till 30 weeks, 9 weeks 3 days till 32 weeks, 11 weeks 3 days till 34 weeks, 13 weeks 3 days till my ultimate goal of 36 weeks, 16 weeks 3 days till the farthest I'm allowed to go, 39 weeks.

Gender: Boy...Evan Alexander Stanfill

Baby Statistics: Evan is measuring right at 1 pound and on target for exactly 22 weeks. It seems he might be a little smaller than Ryan was at this time. Ryan weighed 1 pound 8 ounces at birth, 23w 5d. I don't see Evan gaining half a pound in less than 2 weeks time, but then again ultrasounds are only an estimate and can be off by up to a pound either way. Regardless, I don't have any intentions of discovering his actual weight until much later. He's still hanging out very low.

Movement: He's a wild one! He's been really active over the last few days.

Momma's Ever-Changing Body: I'm not feeling the greatest tonight. I think I picked up a little of the stomach bug. Thankfully I haven't had to hug the toilet any, but I've still spent plenty of time in there. I sure hope the pukes stay far away from me. It scares me to think of all the pressure required for that act. I'm still adjusting to strict bedrest and moving from a reclined position to a flat position...head down, hips elevated as much as possible. My back is protesting the change more than anything else. Pillows are my best friends right now. Positions please. Positions Please! Heartburn has become a new and persistent visitor since I've been flat. Again...I'll take it all! Sorry for the complaints this evening though.

Belly Button/Stretch Marks: Normally it's an innie, but it's more like a "flatty". Stretch marks--yep! Got 'em!

Food Cravings: For some reason this week I have really craved Puppy Chow. And I don't mean the dog food. You know...the cereal covered in chocolate and peanut butter sprinkled with powdered sugar. Thankfully my sister came through for me and I've been enjoying the delectable snack off and on throughout the day. Until I started feeling a little sick. :(

Sleep: I haven't been sleeping very well for several nights.

Projects: I'm still working on the blanket for Evan. I've finished my first skein of yarn and will be starting my second tomorrow. I'm hoping that 4 skeins will make the blanket the perfect size.

Coming Up: I have a doctor's appointment with my OB on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately he is not going to be there, but I already warned the nurse I was coming with a load of questions. I'm fairly confident that if she can't answer them she'll contact the doc asap for the answers. I'll be having my glucose tolerance test and other blood work. Other than that it's just a general check-up.

Medications/Doctor's Orders: I'm on bedrest...just graduated from modified to strict this week. I'm quite certain I'll be on bedrest until I deliver or 36 weeks...whichever comes first. I'm taking prenatal vitamins, fiber supplements, and prune juice. I get a shot of progesterone in the hip each week. I'm planning to discuss medications/interventions for contractions with the nurse on Tuesday.

Contractions: I'm averaging 1-2 an hour every day. They seem to be less since I've starting laying down all the time. Some days are better than others.

2 comments:

jennifer Y said...

are you still staying at your moms during the day?? I need to come visit. I know you have to get bored! LOL! Please let Dave or I know if you EVER need anything!!

Hilary said...

Praying in Texas ;)