Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 1


Week 1...Hooray we've made it 1 week! Everything is going well. Ryan is doing great, and as I said before, he's adjusting well. He still has his moments when nothing satisfies/soothes him other than a visit to his Mommy. Yesterday he and Nana went to the zoo and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. A bird landed on his head! I can't wait to take him to the zoo myself! I expect today they are going to do some gardening.

Evan is doing great. I think he must be growing because my belly just rolls all over the place. He's very active. He is looking good with each monitoring and so far he's been *cooperative* in all but one monitoring session. For that one he just wouldn't stay still, but the nurse returned about an hour later and...success. Evan will be 26 weeks gestation on Saturday!

I'm feeling well. This week has passed fairly quickly which I guess is good considering laying in bed can make time drag by at times. I'm still crocheting a blanket for Evan. I try to do at least one row a day. I figure if I make it 10 weeks that will add 70 more rows making the blanket a perfect size for our new baby boy. I watch TV, listen to music, and watch movies. I'm trying to develop a routine for each day. I'm allowed up and out of bed to visit the bathroom and I have showering privileges too. I take advantage of that privilege every other day. Laying in this hospital bed hasn't been that bad. I am staying pretty comfortable. I've only had one day so far where my back was aching. The only big complaint I have is heartburn. It has gotten sooooo much worse. On the bright side...if there's any truth to heartburn and hairy babies then Evan won't be lacking. Today I was started on Pepcid twice a day. I'm glad. The heartburn is the worst at night, so if I can have relief at night I'll sleep better.

As far as medications...I'm taking Procardia 2 times a day, antibiotics, and more antibiotics, colace, Synthroid, Ambien at night and now Pepcid. I have an ongoing order for Brethine in the event I start having contractions. Thankfully that hasn't been an issue.

I guess that's about all for now. Everyone, Wade, Ryan, Nana and the rest of the family is adjusting to our new situation and challenges. I won't say it's easy on anyone, but it's amazing how in the time of need God equips you with everything you need.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers, visits, phone calls and well-wishes. God is good! Keep praying. We're still hoping and praying for another 10 weeks so we can deliver a healthy baby boy and take him home with us!

Julie

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Just so you know, i had to put my blog on private.
If you'd like to continue to read, please send me a message on FB and leave me your email address.
I'll add you to the list of readers :)