Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pregnancy Highlights

Okay so this isn't my original idea, but I love that Angie does this on her blog so I sort of stole borrowed the idea. I didn't feel right about just stealing...ummm...borrowing it word-for-word so I changed it up a little. I think it's a great idea to have a weekly pregnancy highlight list. Thanks Angie! Be sure to check over on Angie's blog too. She is also pregnant with a precious little boy. Our due dates are very close and we're both doing (incubating on bedrest) and hoping for the same thing...a healthy baby.

Weeks Pregnant: 21 weeks 3 days

Weeks to Go: 12 weeks 4 days till my earliest goal of 34 weeks, 14 weeks 4 days till my ultimate goal of 36 weeks, 17 weeks 4 days till the farthest I'm allowed to go, 39 weeks.

Gender: Boy...Evan Alexander Stanfill

Baby Statistics: Evan is probably close to 1 pound and is around 11 inches long. The sense of touch is now developed and the sense of taste is developing. Our last ultrasound showed he is very low and head-down.

Movement: He's a wild one! He seems to enjoy bladder boxing. The last couple of days he has been pretty quiet during the day and more active at night.

Momma's Ever-Changing Body: I'm feeling pretty good. It's getting harder to get out of bed as well as finding comfortable positions while there. I have some round ligament pain that at times is very uncomfortable and my hips give me quite a bit of trouble, but I'll take it all and more for the sake of my little boy. When Evan feels very low and I'm concerned about the pressure on my cervix I sleep with a pillow under my hips. At my last appointment I had gained a total of 14 pounds so far. My blood pressure was around 110/70.

Belly Button/Stretch Marks: Normally it's an innie, but it's more like a "flatty". Stretch marks--I don't know which ones are new.

Food Cravings: I could eat a big giant salad loaded with veggies every day, 2 or 3 times a day, but I'm at the mercy of everyone else to provide meals. I have very little say in what I eat. My favorite place to eat right now is SouperSalad.

Sleep: Most nights I sleep great with 3 or 4 interruptions to visit the potty. Some nights I have trouble getting/staying comfortable and I either toss-and-turn or move to the couch.

Projects: I try to stay busy everyday without just vegetating in front of the TV. I tend to manage better if I keep my mind busy. I'm working (crocheting) on a new blanket for Evan as well as pacifier clips/holders. I've been reading Beth Moore's newest book.

Coming Up: I have a doctor's appointment with the Perinatologist this coming Wednesday. He is hoping to do a complete ECHO on Evan to rule out any heart problems. I sure do hope he is in a great position for this ultrasound because it's apt to be very uncomfortable for me if he's not.

Medications/Doctor's Orders: I'm still on bedrest and from the way it sounds I'll remain so until I reach 36 weeks. I'm taking prenatal vitamins, fiber supplements, and prune juice. I get a shot of progesterone in the hip each week.

Contractions: I'm averaging 1-2 an hour every day.

Project:

No comments: