Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekly Update

Weeks Pregnant: 23 weeks 4 days

Weeks to Go: 6 weeks 3 days till 30 weeks, 8 weeks 3 days till 32 weeks, 10 weeks 3 days till 34 weeks, 12 weeks 3 days till my ultimate goal of 36 weeks, 15 weeks 3 days till the farthest I'm allowed to go, 39 weeks.

Gender: Boy...Evan Alexander Stanfill

Baby Statistics: We haven't been to the Perinatologist in a couple weeks, so I don't have any accurate measurements. However, with our last ultrasound Evan was measuring right at 1 pound and on target for exactly 22 weeks.

Movement: He's been pretty quiet the last few days

Momma's Ever-Changing Body: At my OB appointment last week I showed a 1/2 pound weight loss, so that puts my weight gain right at 14 pounds +/- 1/2 a pound. I'm still round in the middle :) I'm losing some muscle tone because of bedrest, but that's to be expected. I've read that it can take up to 6 months to a year for a bedrest mommy to fully re-gain her strength, muscle tone and energy.

Belly Button/Stretch Marks: Flatty and...yes...no you can't see either!

Food Cravings: No cravings this week...no aversions either. Although as I write this, a great big salad and a piece of carrot cake with cream cheese icing for dessert sounds pretty good.

Sleep: I find that if I sleep in the right bed I can sleep great. The "right" bed lately has been the twin bed in Ryan's room, but I don't want him getting used to me sleeping in there all the time.

Projects: I'm still working on the blanket for Evan. Crocheting while laying flat isn't as comfortable as when sitting up, so I can only work on it for a few minutes before my arms start hurting. I just hope I can finish it before he gets here. I'm also working on a couple of pacifier holders for a couple of friends. A new little boy was recently born and is in Mercy's NICU. Please pray for little Blake. He was born at about 30 weeks weighing 2 lb 15 oz. I haven't heard lately how he's doing, but last I knew he was doing okay.

Coming Up: I have a doctor's appointment with the Perinatologist on Wednesday morning. I'll also be at 24 weeks on Wednesday...medically speaking that's considered the point of viability. It's actually a pretty big milestone.

Medications/Doctor's Orders: Strict bedrest. I just started taking Procardia and Brethine for contractions. The Procardia is a blood pressure medicine that is often prescribed in pregnancy, but I'm uncertain as to how it works. All I know is that it lowers my blood pressure and I already have fairly low BP so I have to be careful when getting up. I had a pretty bad headache with it the first day, but the side effects have faded away now. The brethine makes my heart race, but that's not a big deal for me. With all of the different asthma meds I've taken through the year I've encountered that side effect off and on numerous times.

Contractions: I have one or two every now and then, but they really seem much less since I've started the meds.

No comments: