Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meds and More

I had an appointment with my OB yesterday. Everything went pretty well. After discussing my concerns with the nurse about the shortened cervix, contractions, etc. I was sent over to L&D for monitoring and an ffn test. I didn't have any contractions on the monitor and the ffn test came back negative so I was sent home. That's good. I'm not quite ready to take up residence in the hospital. I figure it is a pretty good probability at some point, but I'm not ready yet.

Today I got a call from the nurse. Dr. G wants to start me on Procardia and Brethine. That's somewhat of a relief to me. I didn't have any contractions yesterday, but I've had several throughout the day today, so maybe with these meds on board the contractions will be more or less a thing of the past...at least until it's time for this baby to arrive. Since we're still staying with my mom during the day I missed the phone call from the doctor's office, so I'll have to call tomorrow and relay the information they need so I can get the prescriptions filled. I'm hoping all this falls into place easily tomorrow so I can get the prescriptions filled by the end of the day.

Today marks 23 weeks for me!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Glad taht you got a good check up...I had to take Procardia when I was pregnant with Lanta for high blood pressure and it really helped me alot so I'm really hoping and praying it does the same for you :) Glad your still at home too..Praying!!!
Yeah for 23 weeks

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.